New to group with questions

  • ledfordj77
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 7, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 10 KB
  • Carvel Webb
    Message 2 of 11 , Sep 8, 2013
      Jim,

      There is lots of info in the files section , but if you are looking for
      general background than see http://www.lathes.co.uk/atlas/ and the
      corresponding Craftsman pages ,

      10F-9A is a casting number . There should be a plate across the end of the
      bed on the tailstock end with your model details ?

      Have fun,

      Carvel

      Message 3 of 11 , Sep 8, 2013

        Hi it looks like a 10.... my only bit of info is that bench is way to light duty to hold that much weight you could possibly twist the weys. Nice lathe .... Kelly in desmoines.

        On Sep 8, 2013 1:48 AM, <ledfordj77@...> wrote:

        [Attachment(s) from ledfordj77@... included below]

          Message 5 of 11 , Sep 8, 2013
            Carvel,

            Thanks for the reply. I will check the tail stock end of the bed and see what I can find out.

            Message 6 of 11 , Sep 8, 2013
              Robert,

              You are correct, I just check and it states 12L followed by some other numbers, Thanks for info

              Message 7 of 11 , Sep 8, 2013
                Carvel,

                Checked for plate  - its there and states 12L so i guess its a little bigger that I thought

                Thanks again

                  Message 9 of 11 , Sep 13, 2013
                    Carvel,
                    So the 12L does not mean it's a 12 " lathe? Could you point me in the direction of where I could find the model #

                    Message 10 of 11 , Sep 13, 2013

                      Jim – I am not familiar with the Craftsman situation – only ever owned Atlases , but I was under the impression that the model number and serial number were both on the same plate at the end of the bed  – like this ( from Tony’s pages) .

                      http://www.lathes.co.uk/craftsman/img48.jpg

                      Hopefully Robert or the other guys can help ?

                      Regards,