Thanks guys was Re: New Member question

  • inspiro_creo
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 18, 2013
      One solution that I have been successful with is Mineral Spirits. I've used it to clean out decades of crud inside of old electric motors and just recently my Atlas Shaper 7B. I've re-used the container many times by letting the dirty used mineral spirit sit overnight. The crud would settle to the bottom, then I would carefully pour the upper cleaner solvent through a coffee filter. Just a thought, David-NJ

      > I've found that toluene was a great solvent for cleaning up my 101.07301

    • Clockguy2
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 19, 2013
        Walmart has a cheap version of WD-40 in an 8oz. can marked Super Tech "lubricant". You can find it in the auto care section near the oil additives. An old tooth brush helps loosen up tough spots. Rust comes off with WD-40 and #0000 steel wool or scotch brite pads. The last two are abrasive so use caution on bed ways and sliding parts that wear. wipe the grime off with paper towels. The lubricant is also handy in machining aluminum.

        Bryan Smith
        Summerville, SC