Re: [atleas_craftsman] Drilling well centered holes

  • David Hair
    Message 1 of 58 , Aug 17, 2013

    GP and Clive,

    Is the attached pic the way you ground your D Bit?

    D.Hair

  • anthrhodes
    Message 58 of 58 , Aug 18, 2013
      D. Hair,

      You could also ask them if they can do an extrusion the full form of the section of the bushing. It's likely they can but probably not at a price which is acceptable to you. The question of price for the 5/8" OD x 3/8" ID section, if they don't already have the tooling, may also be a killer.

      (You might also consider the same methods for gear bushings for the 9", 10", and 12" lathes. I have no idea what the market is for bushings for any of the Atlas-built and similar lathes.)

      Anthony
      Berkeley, Calif.
      In a message dated Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:55 pm (PDT), dhlh1984 writes:
      I have a request into that company to see if they make the extrusion in an 1/8 inch larger size. That would be great and I would order 20 or so feet.