Re: [atlas_craftsman] cutting inside thread

  • Donald Lewis
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 7, 2013
    OK Update. I have attempted to attach picks of my lantern tool post and my newly made boring bar. Now I need to grind a threading bit and with the information from David I may be on my way Thank you all.  Don

    Message 2 of 24 , Aug 7, 2013
      Don,
          That should work, however IMO you have way too much of the bit sticking out of the boring bar. Can’t tell from your photos but hopefully you can loosen your clamp bolt and slide it back till “just enough” sticks out to cut your threads. You will want to keep everything as short and stout as possible to increase rigidity. Also take very small cuts. Good Luck! (Practice on some scrap first)
      Carl H

      Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:37 AM
      Subject: Re: [atlas_craftsman] cutting inside thread [3 Attachments]