Re: [atlas_craftsman] Why are you a member of this group?

  • jerry adair
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2013
      Nicely written but.....
      "When the eagles are silent the parrots begin to jabber"  Winston Churchill.
      The message is clear.
      The original poster should have instantly recalled his message or explained the error of the posting.  My guess is it as you said would have been ignored.  Even at my advanced age of 73 I cannot now or ever in the past allow something I disagree with go unnoticed.  If the poster did not want to be confrontational then he should not have posted.  This is where silence is good.

      I have a really uncommon Atlas lathe a 612 driven by a 1/2 hp PMDC motor and a PWM controller (all the electronics and motor were don by me)  I was a motor guy and still am for more than 40 years with and hold 3 patents one in NdFeB technology.  And I am a member because fountain pens and guns are my passion and using that mighty little lathe to make part for them soothes my mind.  I learn something from those more accomplished than me from this list every day.
       I too was troubled by the post.  However I am not going to quit because of it.  If that is the worst thing that happens to me this week then I am a happy man. As some famous man once said "poop happens".
      Let it go.
      Jerry