So you think you have tools! Check this out.

  • abigalesdad
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 3, 2013
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65y7G_sstno

      And it appears that he knows how to use them.

      Cheers from wet Morrison, Colorado. Better clean my gutters tomorrow!
    • Guenther Paul
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 4, 2013
        Man this shop is clean and a lot of stuff. I wounder does do some work or just clean

        GP

        And it appears that he knows how to use them.

        Cheers from wet Morrison, Colorado. Better clean my gutters tomorrow!

      • David Hair
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 4, 2013

          GP

          I'd come clean your shop for you if it would be OK for me to bring my trailer and clean what I want to the trailer!!!!!

          D.Hair

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 4, 2013
            David
            Did you get the oilers from alaska

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 4, 2013

              not yet. They may have gone to china first.

              D.Hair

              I'd come clean your shop for you if it would be OK for me to bring my trailer and clean what I want to the trailer!!!!!

              D.Hair
              Man this shop is clean and a lot of stuff. I wounder does do some work or just clean

              GP

              No virus found in this message.

            • Guenther Paul
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 4, 2013
                They are american made. Maby china wants them to copy

                GP

                not yet. They may have gone to china first.

                D.Hair

                I'd come clean your shop for you if it would be OK for me to bring my trailer and clean what I want to the trailer!!!!!

                D.Hair
                Man this shop is clean and a lot of stuff. I wounder does do some work or just clean

                GP

                No virus found in this message.
              • Julian P

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 4, 2013
                    I have a family member like that. Would be more interested in cleaning then working. That shop does look beautifully.
                    I dont clean every day but i do keep it clean

                    GP

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 4, 2013

                      I looked at the notes below the video – comments that he sweeps up after each job , but works mainly in Aluminium and uses a vacuum cleaner to catch the chips while he is machining ,

                      Fantastic shop , but in my type of project I would need more bench space to lay things out ,

                      Hope my wife doesn’t see it :>)

                      Carvel

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 4, 2013
                        I would love for my shop to be that clean but it will never happen.  I'm not as cramped for space as I have 1800sqft to play in but I already can see it getting more crowded as time goes on.  I'm in the process of clearing out and rearranging to make room for a South Bend 16" lathe with a 12' bed, a G.A. Gray planer of about 10'x4'x8' dimensions and an Atlas 7B shaper. I've also been pricing 2 post automotive lifts for installation in the south end of the shop where the drive in doors are located.

                        I'm also building a bill of materials for a small bridge crane to run over the larger machine tools.   Those 12" chucks on the 16" are heavy.

                        James R.

                      • Carvel Webb
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 4, 2013

                          James ,

                          Make that VERY heavy J

                          Suggest make a wooden tray to fit over the bed when you are changing chucks – they can leave a nasty ding on the bed if they fall – even a short distance ,

                          ( Don’t ask why I am suggesting this , even though mine was ’only’ a 10” L    )

                          Regards,

                          Carvel

                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 4, 2013

                              James – sounds good .

                              Another option similar to your idea is to turn a piece of bar stock which is a sliding fit in the bore of the spindle , and which you can mount in the chuck with a portion protruding out the back to allow the chuck-plus-rod to slide into place and then get screwed on ,

                              The rod can then get pushed out the back or the front depending on the relative bore sizes ,

                              Regards,

                              Carvel

[...]

                            • Cynthia and Wayne Burner