Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Thanks

  • Robert Vessar
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 31, 2013
      Wel Jon if you could read better you would have read I never called any one anything I said the come across as.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 31, 2013, at 8:53 PM, Jon Elson <elson@...> wrote:

      I am coming to this a bit late, I probably missed carefully reading
      the original messages.

      But, the flame war must stop - NOW!

      Calling people four letter (or more) words will not be tolerated,
      and another message like that will get you banned. We do not tolerate
      it on this list.

      Mr Vessar claims he has unsubscribed, I will continue to monitor
      this. But, no further need to comment on this unfortunate incident.

      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 31, 2013
        Robert Vessar wrote:

        > Wel Jon if you could read better you would have read I never called
        > any one anything I said the come across as.

        Close enough! Really, if you had been reading this group, there is
        NO flaming, coarse language or personal attacks. Don't try splitting
        hairs, either. If you don't get the answer you were looking for, it
        probably means you didn't ask the question precisely enough.
        Lathe prices depend on location, and how you are selling it.
        Private buyer, craigslist, eBay or whatever. In the rust belt
        there is likely ONE Atlas, South Bend or Logan in a basement or
        garage on almost ever block! In Hawaii, apparently, there is one
        per city! That makes a HUGE difference in what people will pay.

        So, it is REALLY hard to give a flat price, even without taking
        the condition of the machine into consideration. Also, given
        all that, a motivated buyer will pay way more than an occasional
        tinkerer. If you look at eBay, you will see prices all over
        the map on completed sales. (Auction listings are meaningless,
        only look at the completed ones.)