Re: [atlas_craftsman] Thanks

  • Eggleston Lance
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 30 3:26 PM
      Atlas 10F, 5" Buck chuck, steady rest, cabinet, good shape, Kansas
      $350 + $60 +$50 sell separate +15%

      lance
      ++++

      On Jul 30, 2013, at 6:01 PM, db45acp wrote:

      I believe it was Message #83624 of 83669

      "I've had my atlas th42 for a couple yrs now but bought me a rockwell 11x36 qc
      gearbox so need to sell atlas it's in good shape has 5" buck chuck in limited
      use shape craftsman 4 jaw chuck in rough shape steady ready Jacobs chuck lantern
      post left and right holders Has the rare original atlas wooden cabinet with
      atlas badge on it I'm in kansas what's it worth or what price should I put on
      it?also has other gear set."

      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 31 10:10 PM
        Robert Vessar wrote:

        > Wel Jon if you could read better you would have read I never called
        > any one anything I said the come across as.

        Close enough! Really, if you had been reading this group, there is
        NO flaming, coarse language or personal attacks. Don't try splitting
        hairs, either. If you don't get the answer you were looking for, it
        probably means you didn't ask the question precisely enough.
        Lathe prices depend on location, and how you are selling it.
        Private buyer, craigslist, eBay or whatever. In the rust belt
        there is likely ONE Atlas, South Bend or Logan in a basement or
        garage on almost ever block! In Hawaii, apparently, there is one
        per city! That makes a HUGE difference in what people will pay.

        So, it is REALLY hard to give a flat price, even without taking
        the condition of the machine into consideration. Also, given
        all that, a motivated buyer will pay way more than an occasional
        tinkerer. If you look at eBay, you will see prices all over
        the map on completed sales. (Auction listings are meaningless,
        only look at the completed ones.)