Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Thanks

  • Scott Henion
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 30, 2013
      I believe it was when he asked how much his lathe was worth. Really hard to answer unless you know the area he is in and a real good description of the condition and accessories included.

      On 7/30/2013 5:50 PM, anthrhodes@... wrote:

      rvessarjr,

      I wondered what your question was so I clicked on the "All Messages (16)" link and went to the web site to look it up. There were 17 messages (1 added since the Digest came out). Your ID showed up once, your complaint to which I'm responding here. Either your original message never showed up or it's been deleted or your posting in somebody else's thread, so it's not possible to back track to determine what you wanted to know.

      You may have just posted your question at a bad time. People are usually pretty helpful here but remember, nobody owes you anything. Additionally, since I can't find your question I have no idea whether it was something with which people could help you.

      Hope it works out for you.

      Anthony
      Berkeley, Calif.

      In a message dated Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:51 am (PDT), rvessarjr writes:
      Hey guys wanted to say thanks for NOT answering my question

      	Scott G. Henion
      Craftsman 12x36 lathe: http://shdesigns.org/Craftsman12x36
      Welding pages and homemade welder: http://shdesigns.org/Welding
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 31, 2013
        Robert Vessar wrote:

        > Wel Jon if you could read better you would have read I never called
        > any one anything I said the come across as.

        Close enough! Really, if you had been reading this group, there is
        NO flaming, coarse language or personal attacks. Don't try splitting
        hairs, either. If you don't get the answer you were looking for, it
        probably means you didn't ask the question precisely enough.
        Lathe prices depend on location, and how you are selling it.
        Private buyer, craigslist, eBay or whatever. In the rust belt
        there is likely ONE Atlas, South Bend or Logan in a basement or
        garage on almost ever block! In Hawaii, apparently, there is one
        per city! That makes a HUGE difference in what people will pay.

        So, it is REALLY hard to give a flat price, even without taking
        the condition of the machine into consideration. Also, given
        all that, a motivated buyer will pay way more than an occasional
        tinkerer. If you look at eBay, you will see prices all over
        the map on completed sales. (Auction listings are meaningless,
        only look at the completed ones.)