Re: [atlas_craftsman] Timkin bearing recess

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 24, 2013
      Can you point me to an example or two showing the "3"?

      Robert D.

      In a message dated 07/24/2013 17:32:19 PM Central Daylight Time, jerster1959@... writes:
      On the subject of the bearing grades. As im looking for bearings I have noticed some bearings have #3 next to them. Is this the grade? I have found bearings but I heard that a example TIMKIN 16150 could also be a bearing for a car. Is there another way to make sure I purchase a bearing for a machine and not a car.

      ------------------------------
      On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 4:58 PM PDT wa5cab@... wrote:

      >Rowe &Co., INC, Johnsonburg, NJ, sold me a set of spindle bearings (two
      >cups &two cones) for $132.05 total.  I did some checking and they are genuine
      >Timken, actually shipped out of the plant in TN.  However, I have not used
      >them yet as after I bought them, I got into some discussions about tapered
      >roller bearing grades.  And haven't yet been able to determine what grade
      >these are.
      >
      >On another subject, as you have the original bearings with the dates out,
      >we need to save that information.  If you will send me the model number (I
      >presume probably 101.07403) and the serial number I'll put the informaition
      >into the database.  We have nearly 300  entries but 95% either have no dates,
      >no serial numbers, or both.  And some of the dates that are there are either
      >suspect or obviously wrong.
      >
      >Robert Downs - Houston
      >wa5cab dot com (Web Store)
      >MVPA 9480