Re: Throwing in the towel

  • Gordon French
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 24, 2013
      Anthony,

      The clamping bolt in the first sliding table broke off flush with
      the casting. I first tried to drill it out with a small numbered
      drill, but the screw was too hard. Then I went down to Sears and
      bought a screw extraction kit. Then the hardened screw extractor
      drill broke off in the screw. All this drilling was done while
      standing on my head! Finally a friend took a Dremel and a diamond
      bit and drilled around the screw.

      So, now the machine is in pieces and the casting needs to be filled
      tapped, and a new screw fitted. It can't be hard to figure out why
      I wanted to trade it off;"as is, where is."

      This particular machine was never a cream-puff anyway.

      Regards,

      Gordon