Atlas 10F 54 with broken reverse gear(s) CHAPTER 2

  • stevemetsch
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 21, 2013
      I got the parts out and the 9-49A has three broken teeth. Just as an experiment I am going to try to make a new one in plastic with a 3D printer. Does anyone have a good drawing of this part or even better, a CAD file???
      If you have already tried this let me know how it worked.
      Thanks,
      Steve
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 21, 2013
        stevemetsch wrote:
        > I got the parts out and the 9-49A has three broken teeth. Just as an experiment I am going to try to make a new one in plastic with a 3D printer. Does anyone have a good drawing of this part or even better, a CAD file???
        > If you have already tried this let me know how it worked
        I'm afraid these gears are under enough stress that you will not get away
        with a plastic replacement, especially a 3-D printed one.

        Jon
      • Paul DeLisle
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 21, 2013

          I would agree…a plastic angle gear would never take the stress.

          Try this:

          http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-ORIGINAL-ATLAS-10-REVERSE-GEAR-CASE-GEAR-9-49A-/290948224595?pt=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts&hash=item43bddd9653

          Hope it helps!

          > I got the parts out and the 9-49A has three broken teeth. Just as an experiment I am going to try to make a new one in plastic with a 3D printer. Does anyone have a good drawing of this part or even better, a CAD file???
          > If you have already tried this let me know how it worked
          I'm afraid these gears are under enough stress that you will not get away
          with a plastic replacement, especially a 3-D printed one.

          Jon

        • Mike Heidrick

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 23, 2013
              I could not find a good starting point for a 3D drawing of the gear so I checked with Clausing. A new gear is $78 plus shipping. I had to order it from ISMG who is their west coast sales agent.

              --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "Paul DeLisle" <ferretpd@...> wrote:

              > I would agree.a plastic angle gear would never take the stress.
              >
              > Try this:
              >
              > http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-ORIGINAL-ATLAS-10-REVERSE-GEAR-CASE-GEAR-9-49A-
              > /290948224595?pt=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts
              > <http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-ORIGINAL-ATLAS-10-REVERSE-GEAR-CASE-GEAR-9-49A
              > -/290948224595?pt=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts&hash=item43bddd9653>
              > &hash=item43bddd9653
              >

              > Hope it helps!

            • Eggleston Lance
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 23, 2013