Re: [atlas_craftsman] looking for the word(s)

  • john baird
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 17 11:11 AM
      How about,  semi circular cross section,
      Regards  jb

      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 17 11:50 AM

        GP,

        I’m afraid so.

        This is monsoon season and we get some rather violent weather too. Just a few miles from our house was a microburst that tore up a bunch of houses and rather big trees. We got about 8 large drops of rain out of it. A few years ago it was our turn and we lost a beautiful tree right next to our pool. I saw the tree slowly pivot at the root ball. Nothing left to do except cut it up and drag it to the curb.

        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 17 4:44 PM
          "Rick
          Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity  about this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring wet with sweat"

          Just another day here in "Sunny Florida" which is what puzzles me so about northern folks moving to Florida when they retire. Apparently they are unaware that "Florida" is a synonym for "SWAMP". Click Me!

          Kris
        • a8050266
          Message 4 of 28 , Jul 17 5:01 PM
            I tend to agree with Kris...
            People always says "its ah dry heat" Wait till you experiance e a florida "Wet Heat"
            Wet heat is way worse than a dry heat.
            Sam Central FLA

            --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "KC" <kandn@...> wrote:

            > "Rick
            > Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity about
            > this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring wet with
            > sweat"
            >
            > Just another day here in "Sunny Florida" which is what puzzles me so about
            > northern folks moving to Florida when they retire. Apparently they are
            > unaware that "Florida" is a synonym for "SWAMP".
            >
            > Kris

          • Guenther Paul
            Message 5 of 28 , Jul 17 5:06 PM
              I have family that move to the villages in florida. They complaind here in Michigan now they are in the hot florida soup

              GP

              --- In mailto:atlas_craftsman%40yahoogroups.com, "KC" <kandn@...> wrote:

              > "Rick
              > Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity about
              > this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring wet with
              > sweat"
              >
              > Just another day here in "Sunny Florida" which is what puzzles me so about
              > northern folks moving to Florida when they retire. Apparently they are
              > unaware that "Florida" is a synonym for "SWAMP".
              >
              > Kris

            • Chris Jett
              Message 6 of 28 , Jul 17 5:12 PM

                wisconsin is the worste wet heat ever. but i agree as well.

                On Jul 17, 2013 7:02 PM, "a8050266" <mail4sam@...> wrote:

                I tend to agree with Kris...
                People always says "its ah dry heat" Wait till you experiance e a florida "Wet Heat"
                Wet heat is way worse than a dry heat.
                Sam Central FLA

                --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "KC" <kandn@...> wrote:

                > "Rick
                > Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity about
                > this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring wet with
                > sweat"
                >
                > Just another day here in "Sunny Florida" which is what puzzles me so about
                > northern folks moving to Florida when they retire. Apparently they are
                > unaware that "Florida" is a synonym for "SWAMP".
                >
                > Kris

              • Rick Sparber
                Message 7 of 28 , Jul 17 5:17 PM

                  Kris,

                  It is monsoon season here in Phoenix. 104° and 60° relative humidity. No rain, just hot and humid.

                  Check this out:

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qlimBm87GM

                  nothing faked here! My dashboard was 171° last week after 3 hours in the sun.

                  Message 8 of 28 , Jul 17 5:19 PM
                    A dry heat is tolerable until you hit about 115°. Then, when the wind blows,
                    it HURTS.

                    Rick

                    People always says "its ah dry heat" Wait till you experiance e a florida
                    "Wet Heat"
                    Wet heat is way worse than a dry heat.
                    Sam Central FLA

                    --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "KC" <kandn@...> wrote:

                    > "Rick
                    > Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity
                    > about this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring
                    > wet with sweat"
                    >
                    > Just another day here in "Sunny Florida" which is what puzzles me so
                    > about northern folks moving to Florida when they retire. Apparently
                    > they are unaware that "Florida" is a synonym for "SWAMP".
                    >
                    > Kris

                    The Atlas-Craftsman Wiki is at
                    http://pico-systems.com/cgi-bin/Atlas-wiki/Atlas.cgi
                    Please submit things you think will be useful to Jon Elson at
                    mailto://elson@...! Groups Links
                  • Rick Sparber
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jul 17 5:23 PM

                      Chris,

                      My daughter moved from Phoenix to a town half way between Rockford, IL, and Madison, WI. She says the humidity is very uncomfortable. She did grow up in Chicago so does know the climate.

                      What she found “special” in Wisconsin are the deer. She barely clipped one in her 3 week old NEW car…. $2300 in damage.

                      Just to bring this thread back to the Subject line… I have one suggestion that it is called bull nose and another from another BBS that says prints call it out as “full radius”. Any other ideas?

                      Rick

                      wisconsin is the worste wet heat ever. but i agree as well.

                      On Jul 17, 2013 7:02 PM, "a8050266" <mail4sam@...> wrote:

                      I tend to agree with Kris...
                      People always says "its ah dry heat" Wait till you experiance e a florida "Wet Heat"
                      Wet heat is way worse than a dry heat.
                      Sam Central FLA

                      --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "KC" <kandn@...> wrote:

                      > "Rick
                      > Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity about
                      > this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring wet with
                      > sweat"
                      >
                      > Just another day here in "Sunny Florida" which is what puzzles me so about
                      > northern folks moving to Florida when they retire. Apparently they are
                      > unaware that "Florida" is a synonym for "SWAMP".
                      >
                      > Kris

                    • KC
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jul 17 5:41 PM
                        My initial thought is I'll take 60 % humidity, any day, all day. Even at night.

                        I've been heating Ravioli and other canned goods on the dash for years.

                        OK ! I'll put a meat thermometer on the dash tomorrow.

                        I've been craving some roasted chicken lately anyway.

                        I'll let you know how it goes.

                        Kris

                        PS: The problem with the heat down here is the humidity. Five minutes outside and you're soaked however evaporation can't take place. Dehydration is the only product of sweating.
                      • dolphin_79605
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jul 17 6:04 PM
                          1/2 round?

                          http://www.aidt.edu/course_documents/Manufacturing_Skills/Blueprint%20Reading/Blueprint_Reading_Complete.pdf

                          --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Sparber" <rgsparber@...> wrote:

                          > Picture a disk ½" thick and 5" in diameter. I radius the perimeter so it
                          > looks like a hand wheel. What is that shape called?
                          >

                          > I can cut it on my lathe but don't know what it is called!
                          >

                          > Thanks,
                          >

                          > Rick

                        • Rick Sparber
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jul 17 6:15 PM
                            I see where it talks about fillets and rounds. A round is on one corner. So "full round" may be the term.

                            Rick

                            Message 13 of 28 , Jul 17 6:17 PM
                              Discus ?

                              FREE Animations for Your Email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!
                            • jtiers
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jul 17 6:34 PM

                                Lifting concrete blocks for a wall, the smaller landscape types, today.... every one was wet with the sweat dripping off me.  And I was in the shade.    Drink as much as you want, still piss once a day.

                                Better than last year, about 10 deg cooler.

                                JT

                                Message 15 of 28 , Jul 17 6:45 PM
                                  "Lifting concrete blocks for a wall, the smaller landscape types, today.... every one was wet with the sweat dripping off me.  And I was in the shade.    Drink as much as you want, still piss once a day."

                                  Yep, forgot about that. I have had days when I didn't hydrate well enough and didn't pee at all. OOPs, I get tunnel vision when I work.  Click Me!

                                  Kris
                                  FREE Animations for Your Email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!
                                • anthrhodes
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jul 17 11:39 PM
                                    Rick,

                                    If it has a central hole it might be a torus. If no central hole possibly a filleted low-aspect cylinder.  Be interesting to see if anybody comes up with anything else (other than the Bull Nose contributed by Walter).

                                    Anthony
                                    Berkeley, Calif.

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jul 18 6:51 AM

                                      Anthony,

                                      The best answer I got was from Corey who said he has seen it on prints as a “full radius”.

                                      Here is a Solidworks tutorial that uses the term:

                                      http://www.solidworkstutorials.com/solidworks-full-radius/

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jul 18 6:52 AM

                                        Nicely descriptive.

                                        Rick

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jul 18 6:53 AM
                                          In my world it is call a 1/2" (external) radius period. It does not matter what it's shape is.

                                          Frank
                                        • Frank
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jul 18 6:56 AM
                                            In my world it is a 1/2" (external) radius period. It does not matter what the shape is.

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jul 18 7:00 AM
                                              Frank,

                                              Do you mean HALF (external) radius (no inches)?

                                              If I have a corner, I talk about putting a radius on it. This radius is 1/4
                                              of a circle in cross section. So it does make sense to talk about a half
                                              radius as being 1/2 of a circle in cross section. Yet Solidworks refers to
                                              it as full radius.

                                              Rick

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Jul 18 11:57 AM

                                                Jb,

                                                You have hit on the dilemma. The disk is circular, the cross section at the perimeter is semi circular. I think that is why the official term seems to be full radius which implies rounding corners.

                                                Rick

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Jul 18 8:43 PM
                                                  97 today in Belgrade MN. It's days like this that make me remember working in the foundry.
                                                  Dewpoint in the high 60's. Just miserable.

                                                  Regards
                                                  cww

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Jul 18 10:20 PM