RE: [atlas_craftsman] looking for the word(s)

  • Rick Sparber
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013

      Walter,

      I thought Bull Nose only applied to straight edges. Yet, it makes sense to call it that.

      Thanks!

      Rick

      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013
        Rick
        Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity  about this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring wet with sweat

        GP

        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013
          How about,  semi circular cross section,
          Regards  jb

          Message 4 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013

            GP,

            I’m afraid so.

            This is monsoon season and we get some rather violent weather too. Just a few miles from our house was a microburst that tore up a bunch of houses and rather big trees. We got about 8 large drops of rain out of it. A few years ago it was our turn and we lost a beautiful tree right next to our pool. I saw the tree slowly pivot at the root ball. Nothing left to do except cut it up and drag it to the curb.

            Message 5 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013
              "Rick
              Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity  about this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring wet with sweat"

              Just another day here in "Sunny Florida" which is what puzzles me so about northern folks moving to Florida when they retire. Apparently they are unaware that "Florida" is a synonym for "SWAMP". Click Me!

              Kris
            • a8050266
              Message 6 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013
                I tend to agree with Kris...
                People always says "its ah dry heat" Wait till you experiance e a florida "Wet Heat"
                Wet heat is way worse than a dry heat.
                Sam Central FLA

                --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "KC" <kandn@...> wrote:

                > "Rick
                > Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity about
                > this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring wet with
                > sweat"
                >
                > Just another day here in "Sunny Florida" which is what puzzles me so about
                > northern folks moving to Florida when they retire. Apparently they are
                > unaware that "Florida" is a synonym for "SWAMP".
                >
                > Kris

              • Guenther Paul
                Message 7 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013
                  I have family that move to the villages in florida. They complaind here in Michigan now they are in the hot florida soup

                  GP

                  --- In mailto:atlas_craftsman%40yahoogroups.com, "KC" <kandn@...> wrote:

                  > "Rick
                  > Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity about
                  > this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring wet with
                  > sweat"
                  >
                  > Just another day here in "Sunny Florida" which is what puzzles me so about
                  > northern folks moving to Florida when they retire. Apparently they are
                  > unaware that "Florida" is a synonym for "SWAMP".
                  >
                  > Kris

                • Chris Jett
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013

                    wisconsin is the worste wet heat ever. but i agree as well.

                    On Jul 17, 2013 7:02 PM, "a8050266" <mail4sam@...> wrote:

                    I tend to agree with Kris...
                    People always says "its ah dry heat" Wait till you experiance e a florida "Wet Heat"
                    Wet heat is way worse than a dry heat.
                    Sam Central FLA

                    --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "KC" <kandn@...> wrote:

                    > "Rick
                    > Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity about
                    > this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring wet with
                    > sweat"
                    >
                    > Just another day here in "Sunny Florida" which is what puzzles me so about
                    > northern folks moving to Florida when they retire. Apparently they are
                    > unaware that "Florida" is a synonym for "SWAMP".
                    >
                    > Kris

                  • Rick Sparber
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013

                      Kris,

                      It is monsoon season here in Phoenix. 104° and 60° relative humidity. No rain, just hot and humid.

                      Check this out:

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qlimBm87GM

                      nothing faked here! My dashboard was 171° last week after 3 hours in the sun.

                      Message 10 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013
                        A dry heat is tolerable until you hit about 115°. Then, when the wind blows,
                        it HURTS.

                        Rick

                        People always says "its ah dry heat" Wait till you experiance e a florida
                        "Wet Heat"
                        Wet heat is way worse than a dry heat.
                        Sam Central FLA

                        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "KC" <kandn@...> wrote:

                        > "Rick
                        > Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity
                        > about this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring
                        > wet with sweat"
                        >
                        > Just another day here in "Sunny Florida" which is what puzzles me so
                        > about northern folks moving to Florida when they retire. Apparently
                        > they are unaware that "Florida" is a synonym for "SWAMP".
                        >
                        > Kris

                        The Atlas-Craftsman Wiki is at
                        http://pico-systems.com/cgi-bin/Atlas-wiki/Atlas.cgi
                        Please submit things you think will be useful to Jon Elson at
                        mailto://elson@...! Groups Links
                      • Rick Sparber
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013

                          Chris,

                          My daughter moved from Phoenix to a town half way between Rockford, IL, and Madison, WI. She says the humidity is very uncomfortable. She did grow up in Chicago so does know the climate.

                          What she found “special” in Wisconsin are the deer. She barely clipped one in her 3 week old NEW car…. $2300 in damage.

                          Just to bring this thread back to the Subject line… I have one suggestion that it is called bull nose and another from another BBS that says prints call it out as “full radius”. Any other ideas?

                          Rick

                          wisconsin is the worste wet heat ever. but i agree as well.

                          On Jul 17, 2013 7:02 PM, "a8050266" <mail4sam@...> wrote:

                          I tend to agree with Kris...
                          People always says "its ah dry heat" Wait till you experiance e a florida "Wet Heat"
                          Wet heat is way worse than a dry heat.
                          Sam Central FLA

                          --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "KC" <kandn@...> wrote:

                          > "Rick
                          > Are you sending the Arizona heat to Michigan ? 97 degree and humidity about
                          > this high. When you go outside and make a few moves your wring wet with
                          > sweat"
                          >
                          > Just another day here in "Sunny Florida" which is what puzzles me so about
                          > northern folks moving to Florida when they retire. Apparently they are
                          > unaware that "Florida" is a synonym for "SWAMP".
                          >
                          > Kris

                        • KC
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013
                            My initial thought is I'll take 60 % humidity, any day, all day. Even at night.

                            I've been heating Ravioli and other canned goods on the dash for years.

                            OK ! I'll put a meat thermometer on the dash tomorrow.

                            I've been craving some roasted chicken lately anyway.

                            I'll let you know how it goes.

                            Kris

                            PS: The problem with the heat down here is the humidity. Five minutes outside and you're soaked however evaporation can't take place. Dehydration is the only product of sweating.
                          • dolphin_79605
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013
                              1/2 round?

                              http://www.aidt.edu/course_documents/Manufacturing_Skills/Blueprint%20Reading/Blueprint_Reading_Complete.pdf

                              --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Sparber" <rgsparber@...> wrote:

                              > Picture a disk ½" thick and 5" in diameter. I radius the perimeter so it
                              > looks like a hand wheel. What is that shape called?
                              >

                              > I can cut it on my lathe but don't know what it is called!
                              >

                              > Thanks,
                              >

                              > Rick

                            • Rick Sparber
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013
                                I see where it talks about fillets and rounds. A round is on one corner. So "full round" may be the term.

                                Rick

                                Message 15 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013
                                  Discus ?

                                  FREE Animations for Your Email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!
                                • jtiers
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013

                                    Lifting concrete blocks for a wall, the smaller landscape types, today.... every one was wet with the sweat dripping off me.  And I was in the shade.    Drink as much as you want, still piss once a day.

                                    Better than last year, about 10 deg cooler.

                                    JT

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013
                                      "Lifting concrete blocks for a wall, the smaller landscape types, today.... every one was wet with the sweat dripping off me.  And I was in the shade.    Drink as much as you want, still piss once a day."

                                      Yep, forgot about that. I have had days when I didn't hydrate well enough and didn't pee at all. OOPs, I get tunnel vision when I work.  Click Me!

                                      Kris
                                      FREE Animations for Your Email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!
                                    • anthrhodes
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jul 17, 2013
                                        Rick,

                                        If it has a central hole it might be a torus. If no central hole possibly a filleted low-aspect cylinder.  Be interesting to see if anybody comes up with anything else (other than the Bull Nose contributed by Walter).

                                        Anthony
                                        Berkeley, Calif.

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jul 18, 2013

                                          Anthony,

                                          The best answer I got was from Corey who said he has seen it on prints as a “full radius”.

                                          Here is a Solidworks tutorial that uses the term:

                                          http://www.solidworkstutorials.com/solidworks-full-radius/

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jul 18, 2013

                                            Nicely descriptive.

                                            Rick

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jul 18, 2013
                                              In my world it is call a 1/2" (external) radius period. It does not matter what it's shape is.

                                              Frank
                                            • Frank
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Jul 18, 2013
                                                In my world it is a 1/2" (external) radius period. It does not matter what the shape is.

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Jul 18, 2013
                                                  Frank,

                                                  Do you mean HALF (external) radius (no inches)?

                                                  If I have a corner, I talk about putting a radius on it. This radius is 1/4
                                                  of a circle in cross section. So it does make sense to talk about a half
                                                  radius as being 1/2 of a circle in cross section. Yet Solidworks refers to
                                                  it as full radius.

                                                  Rick

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Jul 18, 2013

                                                    Jb,

                                                    You have hit on the dilemma. The disk is circular, the cross section at the perimeter is semi circular. I think that is why the official term seems to be full radius which implies rounding corners.

                                                    Rick

                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Jul 18, 2013
                                                      97 today in Belgrade MN. It's days like this that make me remember working in the foundry.
                                                      Dewpoint in the high 60's. Just miserable.

                                                      Regards
                                                      cww

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Jul 18, 2013