Re: [atlas_craftsman] 10107403 chuck size

  • James Rice
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16, 2013
      I got everything on your list plus a Craftsman 1/3 hp motor, the Williams and Armstrong bit holders, a few preground bits, the two chucks, 2 chuck keys, a few boring bars, a bull nosed center, 2 sets of lathe bed feet, a spare compound, a spare RH lead screw bracket bearing, a small live center, a couple of drill chucks and the Atlas armature chuck set.  For $700 I didn't think it was a bad deal since they only show up a few times a year in this area.

      I have a 8" 4 jaw and back plate I need to finish machining and mount.  But I just brought home a 16" South Bend with a 12' bed that is getting all my attention at this moment.  The taper attachment on the 16" is heavier than my entire Atlas 6x18.

      James

      On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM, <wa5cab@...> wrote:

      OK.  I was about 4 when it was built.  Sounds like the typical modern daughter.  Too busy with her Android or iPad to consider what might be worth saving.

      Nothing wrong with the smaller chucks, if they are large enough for what you are doing.  But he made the decision when he bought the lathe to buy them instead of the larger ones.  They didn't "come with" the lathe.  The only things that you got for the price of the lathe were two 2MT dead center, a 2MT by 3MT adaptor sleeve, the lantern type tool post (no holders), a wrench to fit the carriage lock and the compound swivel lock screws, the black manual and the parts list, and the motor pulley and motor belt.