RE: [atlas_craftsman] back gears

  • Carvel Webb
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 14, 2013
      Jerry - is the spindle pulley free to rotate when you disengage the bull
      gear from the pulley assembly ?

      ( the principle of the back gear is that the pulley drives the back gear ,
      and the back gear drives the bull gear )

      Don't forget to oil it if it hasn't run in back gear for some time - oil
      hole is the set screw in the valley of one of the spindle pulley grooves ,
      and the set screw is only a plug - must not contact the spindle shaft ,

      Rgds,

      Carvel

      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 14, 2013
        You have to pull the bull gear drive pin out to disengage the pulley drum. Reading the manual helps.