article redone: Telescoping Gage Error

  • Rick Sparber
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2013

      I seem to have done a great job confusing people with my first attempt at this article. It has now been rewritten to clearly state that the standard method of using the telescoping gage is the only one I endorse. But then I go on

      to present various error sources including those related to the skill of the operator. If you want to give me another chance, please see

      http://rick.sparber.org/TG.pdf

      Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than any one of us.

      For the full index of my articles, see rick.sparber.org.

      Rick

    • John Cibulskis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2013
        Their will always be errors, in telescoping measurements, you can practice on a I.d standard, calibrated ring gage..98765 example, ,, you are measuring with allot of different feelings, (human ),,,,, That's why everything has tolerances.  +_-.0005 is about all you will get , on those instruments, ,, at least 4 possibilities for combined  accumulated errors.....
        Yes you can get a good check , in those parameters.
        Jc

        Sent from Samsung tablet