Re: South Bend 3C lever collet closer on an Atlas Craftsman...

  • anthrhodes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2013
    Sorry, managed to separate the attachments from the message.

    Anthony
    Berkeley, Calif.
  • dolphin_79605
    Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013
      Atlas sold a Center Ejector Bar as an accessory or attachment. Their 1945 advertising text; "Removes center from spindle without burring center or sleeve. Steel shaft has knurled ball grip -- brass head cannot damage center sleeve or spindle." No. M6-790 CENTER EJECTOR BAR. Length 10". Code word YAZWY wt. 1-1/2 lb..........

      I made one and enjoy making tools from various items laying around. The ejector rod I constructed was with an antique phenolic industrial knob, the skinny half of an old pool cue and the cue's threaded brass male union portion. It works great, Mick