RE: [atlas_craftsman] Was: Wanting 50 tooth change gear.

  • Carvel Webb
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 17, 2013

      Mick , thanks ,

      Those all look familiar with the exception of the 50T which I hadn’t come across – live and learn ,

      Don’t get chips in your dinner :>)

      Best regards,

      Carvel

        Carvel,  the following are the Atlas/Craftsman 9/10/12  gears that I've seen.   16/32 compound, 20, 24, 32, 36, 40, 44, 46, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 60, 64, 96.

        Aside from others I've yet to learn about, even more can be made for special purposes.

        With a QCBG I can make a lathe sing.  With a QCGB and a good selection of change gears, I can make one sing like Opera tenor, Luciano Pavarotti serving his home made Fettucini Alfredo.

        Best regards,  Mick

        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "Carvel Webb" wrote:

        >Mick,
        >
        >Maybe Robert et al can confirm , but I don't know that there was a 50T gear
        >in the Atlas range ?
        >
        >I was impression they more or less went in intervals of 4 i.e.
        >32/36/40/44/48/52/56/60 etc ?
        >
        >Regards,
        >
        >Carvel

        Robert & Susan Downs - Houston
      • dolphin_79605
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 17, 2013
          My pleasure. When I found my 50, I was just in time as I was getting ready to grind a couple teeth of an extra 52. TIC, Mick