Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Cast iron welding QCGB

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 51 , Jun 14, 2013
      xcellent  post ....!!!!!!
      .
      .only one  more  thought ......two posts  by  members  of successful WELDING  were down w/ pre heating &  post  draw down ...iirc  one used a  torch , the  other  used a mig?  tig ? welder ......
         this whole rigamarole started w/ a  post  that  a  member welded  cast iron  w/ a mugghy rod & a  stick  welder  & no mention  of  pre  or post  operative  heat ...viz. muggy electrode  made that  unnecessary .....
       i felt  that  to  be  misleading  .to lesser informed  readers...there  was  no  mention of  what  the  stick weld heat  wud  do  to  adjacent  structures    ( that  somehow , muggy rod  took care  of all the  problems .....) .... some  subsequent  posts  proved out  my  trepedition ...they  are now satisfied that  kust muggy rod  alone answers the  problem & they are  abt  to go in that direction &   i wish  them good  luck ..truly !
       best  wishes
      doc
      Message 51 of 51 , Jun 15, 2013
        I agree. Looks like a nice job that was done.