Re: Pick O Matic change gears.

  • dlclark66
    Message 1 of 9 , May 15, 2013
      You have three parameters for the gear itself Anthony. Pitch angle, number of teeth, and pitch radius. If you know the pitch diameter for the 20 tooth gear you could plug the radius of that in with the number of teeth and pitch angle to get the gear you want. It will also configure the bore radius, keyway width, and keyway depth if you want to plug those in as well.
      Google Sketchup is a free program. They have a commercial one that can work in many more file types but being able to export as STL is all you really need. Download it and add the plugins listed in the article and give it a try.