Re: Quick change tool post for atlas TH42

  • vince1aa
    Message 1 of 22 , May 13, 2013
      I attempted to order that tool post and some other tooling...tried the phone first...English is not his first language.
      So tried to order online...when you are ready to check out You get redirected to a untrusted site....I gave up.

      --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "julianworks2" <julian.p.67@...> wrote:

      > I want to get a quick change tool post for my lathe, but have a few questions about how this particular one will work for my lathe, specifically regarding attaching it to the compound. So here goes: a link to the one I have my eye on. http://www.cdcotools.com/index.php It is the AXA Wedge Type Tool Post Set For Lathe Up to 12" for 98$.
      > I know i know, it's imported, but I simply can't afford or justify anything but the best deal I can find on one of these. It seems like a good price for a import wedge setup, no?
      >
      > So onto my question, which is mainly; How involved will it be to get this thing attached to my lathe? Will I have to machine or fabricate much to get it fitted on? Would I be better off with the AXA Quick Change Tool Post Set For Lathe Up to 12" which states in the description that it will fit an atlas machine specifically, whereas the wedge style on this site does not? I like the idea of spending a few extra bucks for the wedge style if it will be better in the long run, or short run even.
      >
      > Any input from anyone with experience on this would be great. And also if you guys think this might not be the right buy for me or have better suggestions i'm open!
      >
      > Thanks in advance

    • Rexarino
      Message 2 of 22 , May 13, 2013
        Vince, I ordered online Saturday night from CDCO from one of his sale items, he was out of stock and called me back the following Monday to offer me an upgraded item at the lower price.  I accepted it and am happy with the purchase.  This was a year ago - no identity theft or inappropriate credit card problems, and the tool holders for the QC set I ordered are still in use.

        OTOH, at least one person on the groups I read had an issue with him.

        Rex Bosse
        Portland, Oregon

        On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 2:04 PM, vince1aa <vince1aa@...> wrote:
        I attempted to order that tool post and some other tooling...tried the phone first...English is not his first language.
        So tried to order online...when you are ready to check out You get redirected to a untrusted site....I gave up.

        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "julianworks2" <julian.p.67@...> wrote:

        > I want to get a quick change tool post for my lathe, but have a few questions about how this particular one will work for my lathe, specifically regarding attaching it to the compound.  So here goes: a link to the one I have my eye on. http://www.cdcotools.com/index.php  It is the AXA Wedge Type Tool Post Set For Lathe Up to 12" for 98$.
        > I know i know, it's imported, but I simply can't afford or justify anything but the best deal I can find on one of these.  It seems like a good price for a import wedge setup, no?
        >
        > So onto my question, which is mainly; How involved will it be to get this thing attached to my lathe?  Will I have to machine or fabricate much to get it fitted on?  Would I be better off with the AXA Quick Change Tool Post Set For Lathe Up to 12" which states in the description that it will fit an atlas machine specifically, whereas the wedge style on this site does not?  I like the idea of spending a few extra bucks for the wedge style if it will be better in the long run, or short run even.
        >
        > Any input from anyone with experience on this would be great.  And also if you guys think this might not be the right buy for me or have better suggestions i'm open!
        >
        > Thanks in advance

        The Atlas-Craftsman Wiki is at http://pico-systems.com/cgi-bin/Atlas-wiki/Atlas.cgi
        Please submit things you think will be useful to Jon Elson at mailto://elson@...! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            atlas_craftsman-digest@yahoogroups.com
            atlas_craftsman-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • vince1aa
        Message 3 of 22 , May 15, 2013
          I emailed the the omni post people and they called me today....so I ended up getting the 4 holder set.
          They've been around for 27 years and everything is made in the usa.

          --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, Rexarino <rexarino@...> wrote:

          > Vince, I ordered online Saturday night from CDCO from one of his sale
          > items, he was out of stock and called me back the following Monday to offer
          > me an upgraded item at the lower price. I accepted it and am happy with
          > the purchase. This was a year ago - no identity theft
          > or inappropriate credit card problems, and the tool holders for the QC set
          > I ordered are still in use.
          >
          > OTOH, at least one person on the groups I read had an issue with him.
          >
          > Rex Bosse
          > Portland, Oregon
          >

          > On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 2:04 PM, vince1aa <vince1aa@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I attempted to order that tool post and some other tooling...tried the
          > > phone first...English is not his first language.
          > > So tried to order online...when you are ready to check out You get
          > > redirected to a untrusted site....I gave up.
          > >
          > > --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "julianworks2" <julian.p.67@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I want to get a quick change tool post for my lathe, but have a few
          > > questions about how this particular one will work for my lathe,
          > > specifically regarding attaching it to the compound. So here goes: a link
          > > to the one I have my eye on. http://www.cdcotools.com/index.php It is
          > > the AXA Wedge Type Tool Post Set For Lathe Up to 12" for 98$.
          > > > I know i know, it's imported, but I simply can't afford or justify
          > > anything but the best deal I can find on one of these. It seems like a
          > > good price for a import wedge setup, no?
          > > >
          > > > So onto my question, which is mainly; How involved will it be to get
          > > this thing attached to my lathe? Will I have to machine or fabricate much
          > > to get it fitted on? Would I be better off with the AXA Quick Change Tool
          > > Post Set For Lathe Up to 12" which states in the description that it will
          > > fit an atlas machine specifically, whereas the wedge style on this site
          > > does not? I like the idea of spending a few extra bucks for the wedge
          > > style if it will be better in the long run, or short run even.
          > > >
          > > > Any input from anyone with experience on this would be great. And also
          > > if you guys think this might not be the right buy for me or have better
          > > suggestions i'm open!
          > > >
          > > > Thanks in advance

          > > To see or edit your personal settings, view the photos, files or links
          > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlas_craftsman/
          > >
          > > The Atlas-Craftsman Wiki is at
          > > http://pico-systems.com/cgi-bin/Atlas-wiki/Atlas.cgi
          > > Please submit things you think will be useful to Jon Elson at mailto:
          > > //elson@...! Groups Links

        • Richard Hughson
          Message 4 of 22 , May 15, 2013
            Yup, I've been very pleased with mine.