Re: Need To Clean Up My Tailstock Ram w/MT2 Reamer

  • EdwinB
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2013
      Before you think about reaming, Patrick, you want to make absolutely sure there are no burrs inside your tailstock taper. If there are any raised spots, they will throw off the axis of the taper. If you do use a reamer (after clearing any burrs), don't clamp it in the headstock chuck, let it float and find its own center.

      The reamer in your link should work, but it would be nice if it had a a square end on the shank so you could turn it with a tap wrench. (Assuming it is as described and not as pictured).

      Regards,
      Ed