Re: [atlas_craftsman] conversion chart needed

    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2013
      Dennis,

      Yes, ISO 68 is roughly equivalent to SAE 20, close enough for our purposes.  And there are roughly 4-1/2 liters to a US gallon, so smaller than the US quart.  The Imperial gallon is larger than the US gallon.  I always had to remember that my Series Land Rover 10 gallon fuel tanks actually held 12 gallons.

      As I wrote earlier, Mobile DTE is available in ISO 68.

      Robert D.

      In a message dated 05/09/2013 23:18:39 PM Central Daylight Time, a1g2r3i@... writes:
      Dear Mick &Group  2013/05/10  00:03hrs.

          Should go to bed.

         Isn't ISO 68 hydraulic oil close to SAE 20? I seem to remember that when I worked as an oilier. I found ISO 68 hydraulic oil as a water boiler water pump oil in Canadian Tire in about a Liter container.  I think this is a bit less, but close to a U.S quart.
      Dictionary says 1.76 pints and I don't think that is Imperial measure.
      keep smiling
      dennis mac

      [atlas_craftsman] Re: Atlas 10F lube chart.

      Show Details
      From
      dolphin_79605
      http://ca-mg4.mail.yahoo.com/neo/#

      Along the lines of the spindle lube oil conversation, I enjoy the input and thoughts; thank you. The following is a brief of what I have read, some thoughts and local findings.

      I confirmed Tractor Supply has the Non-Detergent SAE 30 quarts and SAE 20 in 2 gallon jugs.

      The 3in1 in 10 w was at True Value and the 3in1 20w was at Lowes Home Improvements.

      Tomorrow I hope to visit the O'Reilly Auto Parts store that advertises to have Non-Detergent SAE 10 and 30 in quarts, but no SAE 20 in similar packaging.

      Research into compatibility of the Mobil Velocite 10 spindle lube, which I previously thought would be my ultimate choice, shows the viscosity to be near but below that of the SAE 10.

      My humble, non-lubrication engineer's opinion is (take with 2 gr. nacl) maybe the Velocite Spindle Lube was not necessarily a product conceived and formulated specifically for total loss bearings but more likely those in an oil bath or oil circulation systems.

      I wish I could twitch my nose and make a quart of SAE 20 non-detergent materialize. Short one of those, I'm leaning toward a 2 gallon purchase.

      I am going to hold off for a short time on a spindle bearing oil purchase hoping for more information (or maybe for a coupon from Tractor Supply). We have a good Bearing Supply Company here that I've yet to consult.

      Cheers, Mick - Abilene, TX (M/N

      Robert & Susan Downs - Houston
    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 8 , May 10, 2013
        Robert,

        Actually the liter is a bit more than 1.05 quart [US] - thus there are just under 3.8 L in a gallon [US].

        - Stephen Wood

        Message 3 of 8 , May 10, 2013
          Oops.  Got that backwards.

          In a message dated 05/10/2013 10:12:22 AM Central Daylight Time, stephen_s_wood@... writes:
          Robert,

          Actually the liter is a bit more than 1.05 quart [US] - thus there are just under 3.8 L in a gallon [US].

          - Stephen Wood

          Robert Downs - Houston
        • anthrhodes
          Message 4 of 8 , May 10, 2013
            Robert,

            I think you have that backwards. My info is about 3-3/4 liters to the US gallon but if the difference is important or you want a more precise conversion you should look up the conversion tables.

            Anthony
            Berkeley, Calif.
            In a message dated Thu May 9, 2013 10:57 pm (PDT), wa5cab writes:
            And there are roughly 4-1/2 liters to a US gallon, so smaller than the US
            quart.
          • Guenther Paul
            Message 5 of 8 , May 10, 2013
              You are right 1 Gal = 3.78 Liter

              GP

              I think you have that backwards. My info is about 3-3/4 liters to the US gallon but if the difference is important or you want a more precise conversion you should look up the conversion tables.

              Anthony
              Berkeley, Calif.
              In a message dated Thu May 9, 2013 10:57 pm (PDT), wa5cab writes:
              And there are roughly 4-1/2 liters to a US gallon, so smaller than the US
              quart.
              You are
            • Clem Wixted