Alrighty I just picked up my motor

  • vince1aa
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2013
      Now I guess some serious cleaning and lubricating next.
      I printed on the lube chart and I still need to level it.
      Instead of 10 wt I'm thing marvel mystery oil and chain lube for the gears.
      The motor guy had the reversing switch 180 from how it should have been....I'm asking him why would I want to reach under to turn it on.It needs to be pointing up....wasn't a big deal just had to spin it around
    • Doc
      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2013
        on the  gear  train , oil it w/ whatever  &then  put on  just a  DAB  of  STP ...quiets  down  immediately & for  a  long  time  ...still on  same  container  30 yrs  later
         best  wishes
        doc

        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2013
          Later lube charts call for SAE 20W where they call for oil.  Some points should be oiled daily (or before you use the machine).  Some at longer intervals.  There was a gear grease thread recently where several different things were mentioned as being used.  You don't want to use any oil that stays liquid, though.  It'll sling off in a few minutes.

          Robert D.

          In a message dated 05/08/2013 14:47:01 PM Central Daylight Time, vince1aa@... writes:
          Now I guess some serious cleaning and lubricating next.
          I printed on the lube chart and I still need to level it.
          Instead of 10 wt I'm thing marvel mystery oil and chain lube for the gears.
          The motor guy had the reversing switch 180 from how it should have been....I'm asking him why would I want to reach under to turn it on.It needs to be pointing up....wasn't a big deal just had to spin it around

          Robert & Susan Downs - Houston