My new dials installed

  • a8050266
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2013
      All,
      fwiw.
      http://thesn1per.blogspot.com

      Using Mach3 a mini mill and my lathe i upgraded my dials from the 1.5" to a full 2"
      and kept my thrust bearing mod too.

      -Sam
    • a8050266
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2013
        All,
        I just wanted to clarify the dials went from 1" >> 1.5" not 1.5" >> 2"
        geez sorry for the typo and disappointment.

        Although 2" dials would fit. My estimation is that they just would fit.
        perhaps another up grade is in order.
        Sam

        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "a8050266" <mail4sam@...> wrote:

        > All,
        > fwiw.
        > http://thesn1per.blogspot.com
        >
        > Using Mach3 a mini mill and my lathe i upgraded my dials from the 1.5" to a full 2"
        > and kept my thrust bearing mod too.
        >
        > -Sam

      • julianworks2
        Message 3 of 4 , May 16, 2013
          That's pretty slick. I can see how that would be nice. I might have to see about making or having one made for my lathe. I think your compound is the same as mine on the th42.

          --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "a8050266" <mail4sam@...> wrote:

          > All,
          > I just wanted to clarify the dials went from 1" >> 1.5" not 1.5" >> 2"
          > geez sorry for the typo and disappointment.
          >
          > Although 2" dials would fit. My estimation is that they just would fit.
          > perhaps another up grade is in order.
          > Sam
          >

          > --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "a8050266" <mail4sam@> wrote:
          > >
          > > All,
          > > fwiw.
          > > http://thesn1per.blogspot.com
          > >
          > > Using Mach3 a mini mill and my lathe i upgraded my dials from the 1.5" to a full 2"
          > > and kept my thrust bearing mod too.
          > >
          > > -Sam

        • a8050266
          Message 4 of 4 , May 16, 2013
            Thanks for the compliments.
            yes we prob have the same compound. unless you have the newer eidtion 12 I think their all the same. 10's and 12's
            -Sam