Re: Altas 10f Spindle Bearing fit >>>>> Finale

  • c_h_a_r_t_n_y
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 24, 2013
      Old School way of bearing heat.
      Have 100W light bulb, base down. Put bearing on the bulb and light for 15 minutes. Handle with a glove. Heats the inner race just about right for bearings~1" id and larger.

      Used often for install of "press on" bearings on rear axle of old style cars. Not pressed on but heated and rammed on with a section of pipe, washer to impart inpact to inner race, and appropriate size of iron pipe. End of axle on concrete block or anvil.

      Been there, done that!

      -chart-