RE: [atlas_craftsman] (unknown)

  • Carvel Webb
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 1, 2013

      Not quite sure where you’ve got lost , so let’s summarise with reference to the parts list –

      The gear I mentioned below ( 10F-82A)  is mounted in a housing in the apron and is keyed onto the leadscrew , and turns with the leadscrew unless the key has sheared off .

      That drives gear 10F-83 at right angles to itself . (They are bevel gears)

      This can engage an idler gear 9-102-24 which is mounted on the pull shaft you mentioned .

      When engaged this drives gear 10F-33 on the cross slide feed screw

      Regards,

      Carvel

      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 30, 2013
        Chris,

        I was looking at the attachments (for another reason) and happened to notice the two miter gear photos you attached on 03 APR (I'm going to delete one of them). What went wrong I think is that you seem to have attached a thumbnail, not the actual photo.

        Robert D.