Re: [atlas_craftsman] Which manual?

  • Guenther Paul
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 27, 2013
      Are you on the band saw forum there may be a manual. I believe Clausing all ways charged or are trying to get the manual from another source

      GP

      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 27, 2013
        Yes, but which one??

        Sent through the aether (R-O-R')

        On Mar 27, 2013, at 13:42, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

        I am sure its in the file

        GP

        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 27, 2013
          No, this is the only Atlas group I am on. I have an Atlas Horizontal Mill. The band saw info I am looking for is a wood cutting saw. Just saw the subject and wanted to let everyone know if they go looking for a (.pdf) it isn't free anymore unless someone has already uploaded it to the list.
          bill hinkle
          in Oklahoma

          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 27, 2013
            Have you tryed vintagemachines.com there may be a manual

            GP

            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 27, 2013
              I tried www in front of vintage machines and got a 404 error.
              bill hinkle

              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 27, 2013
                The one I am looking for is...
                137.224320
                sears 12" band saw
                does anyone have a copy they would scan for me?
                bill hinkle
                in Oklahoma

                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 27, 2013
                  GP

                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 27, 2013
                    Try this link its to be free. You may have to enter the model number
                    GP

                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 27, 2013
                      that works...thanks
                      bill hinkle

                      In a message dated 3/27/2013 10:22:35 P.M. Central Daylight Time, paulguenter@... writes:

                      GP

                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 27, 2013
                        Matt,

                        If the machine is actually made 1940's and not earlier, you want the 10F Series manual.  The manual has a list of applicable model numbers.  "T" stands for "Timken" (no letter means Babbitt bearings), "V" is vertical and "H" is horizontal countershaft, "QC" is quick change feed gears (AFAIK all of which had horizontal countershafts, although you could retrofit the QCGB to a TH), and the final two digits are the bed length in inches.  30" between centers if 48" bed.

                        Robert D.

                        In a message dated 3/27/2013 3:19:08 PM Central Daylight Time, mpteleski@... writes:
                        I'm trying to dig through the files on the yahoo groups page but am not seeing what I want. I'm looking for the manual (setup info, etc) for a 1940's 10x30 atlas.  Can someone please direct me to a the file?
                        thanks
                        matt
                        Idaho

                        Robert & Susan Downs - Houston
                      • Guenther Paul
                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 28, 2013
                          Did you find the manual?

                          GP

                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 28, 2013
                            no, bummer. guess i will order the one from Sears.
                            thanks
                            bill hinkle

                            In a message dated 3/28/2013 5:25:08 A.M. Central Daylight Time, paulguenter@... writes:
                            Did you find the manual?

                            GP

                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 28, 2013
                                Here is a free manual down load. You can delete all the junk tool bars after you have the manuals.I don't want the extras that you have to take to get the manual on my computer.
                                Good luck
                                GP

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 28, 2013
                                    Thanks Glenn, that one worked for me. The one I got earlier today wouldn't work, my win-XP can't update IE so it either works or it doesnt...bummer
                                    bill hinkle
                                    in Oklahoma

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 28, 2013
                                      Your computer must be full of updates. I have a desk top like that

                                      GP

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 28, 2013
                                        Right...It is FULL of something.
                                        thanks for the help
                                        bill hinkle
                                        in Oklahoma

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 28, 2013

                                          Bill,
                                          You really should switch to either Google chrome or Firefox.  I prefer chrome.  It likes XP machines better than IE and you can import all your bookmarks.  Faster and fewer crashes.

                                          Glenn

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Mar 29, 2013
                                            Glenn
                                            Google Chrome will put all your messages on there search. Go check, it if you ask for parts or if you have a problem with your machines it will be on google

                                            GP

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 29, 2013

                                              Huh??  I suppose you keep a blanket over your TV so they can't see ya too ?? ;)

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 29, 2013
                                                Yeah

                                                GP

                                                Huh??  I suppose you keep a blanket over your TV so they can't see ya too ?? ;)
                                                Google Chrome will put all your messages on there search. Go check, it if you ask for parts or if you have a problem with your machines it will be on google

                                                GP

                                                You really should switch to either Google chrome or Firefox.  I prefer chrome.  It likes XP machines better than IE and you can import all your bookmarks.  Faster and fewer crashes.

                                                Glenn
                                                Thanks Glenn, that one worked for me. The one I got earlier today wouldn't work, my win-XP can't update IE so it either works or it doesnt...bummer
                                                bill hinkle
                                                in Oklahoma

                                              • David Hair
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Mar 29, 2013

                                                  WHATS TV.

                                                  DHair
                                                  Huh??  I suppose you keep a blanket over your TV so they can't see ya too ?? ;)
                                                  Google Chrome will put all your messages on there search. Go check, it if you ask for parts or if you have a problem with your machines it will be on google

                                                  GP

                                                  You really should switch to either Google chrome or Firefox.  I prefer chrome.  It likes XP machines better than IE and you can import all your bookmarks.  Faster and fewer crashes.

                                                  Glenn
                                                  Thanks Glenn, that one worked for me. The one I got earlier today wouldn't work, my win-XP can't update IE so it either works or it doesnt...bummer
                                                  bill hinkle
                                                  in Oklahoma

                                                  No virus found in this message.