RE: [atlas_craftsman] 618 spindle removal

  • Carvel Webb
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 26, 2013

      The Atlas uses a “total loss” oiling system – oil the bearings through the oil cup at the top of the bearing housing ( which should have a wick) every day you use it . therefore oil the bearings with the same oil on initial assembly ,

      Best regards,

      Carvel

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 28, 2013
          No.  Very definitely not.  If you put grease on them, they will not take oil properly.  And as time goes on and the volatiles evaporate from the grease, it will get worse.

          Robert Downs - Houston

          Do the Timken bearings get grease packed before reinstallation?

          Anyone have the instructions or a link to same for removing the spindle
          assembly on an Atlas 618 with the Timken bearings?

          Thanks!

        • Jeff G