Re: 10F painting - Do you *really* need to strip the original paint

  • gene
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 24 5:43 PM
      I guess I am taking a different position on painting over paint. the more build up of materal you get the less resistant it is to chipping from impact. I never liked using fillers. Same reason. It you are going to paint over paint feather out chips with sand paper and use filler if you must. If the old paint has good bonding and not to thick you should be able to feather out chips. I do agree that the most important thing is proper prep. Good luck and have fun.