Re: 10F painting - Do you *really* need to strip the original paint

  • gene
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 24, 2013
      I guess I am taking a different position on painting over paint. the more build up of materal you get the less resistant it is to chipping from impact. I never liked using fillers. Same reason. It you are going to paint over paint feather out chips with sand paper and use filler if you must. If the old paint has good bonding and not to thick you should be able to feather out chips. I do agree that the most important thing is proper prep. Good luck and have fun.

      --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

      > Jim
      > Lead paint is not available ( no more lead ) I have a mixing formula for Sherwin
      > Williams paint
      >  GP

    • Guenther Paul
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 24, 2013
        Sorry i cant come up with the paint code. I never had a problem with my flash drive before
        GP

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 24, 2013
          Here is a color chart you can get from Vintage Machines
          The one i had was the real real dark gray
          GP