Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: 10F painting - Do you *really* need to strip the original paint

  • Guenther Paul
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 24, 2013
      I had the paint mixing code on my flash drive now it wont open. Give me some time and i search old e-mails

      GP

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 24, 2013
        I guess I am taking a different position on painting over paint. the more build up of materal you get the less resistant it is to chipping from impact. I never liked using fillers. Same reason. It you are going to paint over paint feather out chips with sand paper and use filler if you must. If the old paint has good bonding and not to thick you should be able to feather out chips. I do agree that the most important thing is proper prep. Good luck and have fun.

        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

        > Jim
        > Lead paint is not available ( no more lead ) I have a mixing formula for Sherwin
        > Williams paint
        >  GP
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Guenther Paul
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 24, 2013
          Sorry i cant come up with the paint code. I never had a problem with my flash drive before
          GP

          I had the paint mixing code on my flash drive now it wont open. Give me some time and i search old e-mails

          GP

          Please share the mixing code and what year or era it is from
          Don

          --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

          > Jim
          > Lead paint is not available ( no more lead ) I have a mixing formula for Sherwin
          > Williams paint
          >  GP

        • Guenther Paul
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 24, 2013
            Here is a color chart you can get from Vintage Machines
            The one i had was the real real dark gray
            GP