Re: [atlas_craftsman] New Atlas 618 tailstock chuck and arbor

  • Guenther Paul
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 24, 2013
      You can buy a repair kit for Jacobs chucks. It will replace all the guts of a chuck. The number is in the front of the chuck where the key holes are. The arbor is irrelevant
       http://www1.mscdirect.com/eCommerce/NavigationServlet/Tool-Holding/Drill-Chucks-Adapters-Accessories/Drill-Chuck-Parts/_/N-77ds2?cm_re=Category-_-Breadcrumb-_-Drill+Chuck+Parts
      GP

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 24, 2013
        You can indeed, but the thing will cost you more than three used chucks, one of which will probably be plenty good enough to use.

        I've had a ball bearing unit torn down for years.....  kit was like 50 or 60 bucks, and I have other chucks the same size, so it's never been a priority.

        JT