Collets and holder

  • Gerald
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2013
      I just grabbed a very nice Atlas 618 today and it has an MT 2 collet holder and 4 collets made by APEX Dayton Ohio Only ID on the parts is 1CH. The collets are actually held in their own holder by a socket head hex screw. The MT holder for the headstock is nothing like I have ever seen it is a slip collar. It almost appears that one inserts the part into the collet, draws it closed with a hex key and then puts the part into the MT collet holder.
      Jerry