Re: [atlas_craftsman] 618 Gear Set

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2013
      Handsome,

      The short answer, not counting those in the carriage, is 17.  Log into our Yahoo group, go to Files, go to Manuals, Atlas....Lathes, and download the 618 Mk1 Manual.  On page 17, you will find the stack of 9 gears in the nominal Change Gear set (note that there are two 32T) and the 5 gears that by default ship on the banjo (AKA Change Gear Bracket).  On page 12 you will find the 3 gears on the Tumbler Assembly (FWD-OFF-REV).  One of these is a compound gear (two gears on one shaft) and the other two are the same as 2 of the 5 previously looked at.

      Robert D.

      In a message dated 03/20/2013 11:09:17 AM Central Daylight Time, handsome97217@... writes:
      Does anyone know how many gears should I have?
      my 618 has some but I suspect I don't have all requires gears...
      if you have a list that shows number of gears and their teeth number I would use it to compare what I have...and perhaps decide what to buy

      Robert Downs - Houston