Re: [atlas_craftsman] A little off-topic, but... Cedarberg Mini Hand Tapper

  • Jacjie
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2013
      I can't answer your question, and it's none of my business, but what are you making?  I haven't encountered a 0-80 thread since I had to try to measure 1/8" flat head 0-80 screws in the clock making business.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2013

        I use the small screws in making millimeter microwave parts as part of my amateur radio microwave hobby.  Some of these that work at the higher frequencies have tiny components comparable to watch parts.

        Bruce, KG6OJI
      • EdwinB
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2013
          Bruce, I don't have a tapper, but I don't think you would be happy with a Jacobs chuck even if you could fit it on your tapper. The hardened jaws of the Jacobs chuck will not properly grip the hardened shank of the tap.

          73,
          Ed