Re: Almost running, but I got a weird question.

  • lustsoul_2000
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
      It downloaded just fine at work. I think my interenet at home just kept botching the download.
      Thanks

      --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, wa5cab@... wrote:

      > Glen,
      >
      > The Group only has a manual on one of the at least several gear box models
      > but download the file in the Group's Manuals...Accessories folder that is
      > (erroneously) named Atlas QC Gearbox.PDF (it's actually a Craftsman
      > 101.201451). Installation steps 7, 15 and 16 tell what to do with the bolt, nuts and
      > washers. Note that there are some typos in the manual that I will fix when
      > I get around to it. In step 7, the nut referred to as (8) is shown in
      > Figure 5 as (B) and the nut referred to as a jam nut that attaches the bolt to
      > the leg is not ID'd. It also does not tell you to install a flat washer on
      > the bolt before you run down and tighten the jam nut. A washer is clearly
      > shown in Figure 9 on the next page.
      >
      > Robert D.
      >
      > In a message dated 01/30/2013 15:57:27 PM Central Standard Time,
      > godlessdavis0@... writes:
      > > I'm down to just one part on my 12 inch Commercial lathe. I'm still
      > > waiting on the lead screw, hopefully it is the right one.
      > >
      > > I bought a new support bracket for the quick change box (it was 20 bucks
      > > from Clausing).I got it installed, but I am not sure what to do with the
      > > bottom slotted hole. The top hole holds the banjo, but I can't figure out that
      > > bottom hole. The part number is L6-1002, and you can see it on page 16 of
      > > the model 28990 manual. It looks like it has a machine bolt and a couple of
      > > jam nuts that might go in the bottom hole of the bracket. Is this just to
      > > add tension to the banjo, or maybe to keep it from flexing? I'm very
      > > confused.
      > >
      > > I still need to find a chuck for it, but I hope to be making parts on it
      > > in just a couple more weeks.
      > >
      > > It is still missing the auto cross feed gear assembly, but I can probably
      > > live without that for awhile.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Glen

    • Mark Deaan
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
        I found these sites about drills/drilling.  Good stuff!  For me, the time involved in regrinding bits would not be worth it.   I'd rather purchase the proper bit(s) as needed.

        If the links don't work, use the second link and replace the 'DOT's with periods and remove any spaces before or after the periods.

        first site...

        http://www.acrylite.net/sites/dc/Downloadcenter/Evonik/Product/ACRYLITE/1319-4f-drilling.pdf

        or use...

           www   DOT   acrylite   DOT net/sites/dc/Downloadcenter/Evonik/Product/ACRYLITE/1319-4f-drilling     DOT   pdf

        second site...

        http://www.plasticsmag.com/features.asp?fIssue=Sep/Oct-01

        or use...

        www   DOT   plasticsmag   DOT   com/features   DOT asp?fIssue=Sep/Oct-01