Re: Lou Chenot

  • Raymond
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2013
      That is indeed an accomplishment.

      This line in the article captured my mathematical mind:
      "...and finally the Duesenberg, beginning about six years or 15,000 hours ago."

      I did some simple arithmetic.... 15,000hrs / 6yrs = 2500hrs/yr
      2500hrs/52 weeks = 48 hrs/week.

      I can only dream of having that much time to focus on an obsession.

      - raymond

      --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "warrengrant" wrote:

      > I got this in an Email and found it extremely interesting. The patience this man had to construct a Duesenberg to 1/6 scale and make the engine (32 V) run is out of this world. I am posting this because people are always making these things and I thought the group would like to see this. He has over 5000 hours invested in this. My shop does not resemble the cleanness of his. If the moderator sees it differently they can remove it. I hope you enjoy. http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/chenot.htm

    • Richard Hughson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2013
        Good point. Even with being retired I couldn't devote that much time to any
        one thing.

        Rick H