Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Wanted: leadscrew end bracket for 12 inch Craftsman Commercial.

  • Guenther Paul
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2012
      Its not a break away or safety. Its just cheap z-mack metal
       GP

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 4, 2012
        The reason it's made out of ZAMAK is to insure that it fails before more important parts are destroyed. When we replaced our with brass we had the advantage of having a shear-pin clutch on the lead screw.
      • Erik Arendall
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 4, 2012
          On a side note does anyone have a print for an end lead screw bracket for a
          Atlas 10d?
          Mine is a home brew bent bracket and id like to make one out of AL maybe.

          Thanks
          Erik.
          On Dec 4, 2012 6:41 PM, "JeffersonHouse" <jeffersonhouse@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > The reason it's made out of ZAMAK is to insure that it fails before more
          > important parts are destroyed. When we replaced our with brass we had the
          > advantage of having a shear-pin clutch on the lead screw.

        • fujiyoshis
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 15, 2012
            Would you have the dimensions of the leadscrew bracket? Mine came with a crute home made one.
            steve

            --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

            > Steve
            > You can make you a end bracket. Make from steel with a oil lite bushing in it
            > and a grease fitting in the center.
            > You will never have a problem with it again.
            >  GP
            >

            > ________________________________

          • (no author)
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 16, 2012
              Steve,

              I have copied you direct with the original drawing of the 10F-16 bearing if
              that's what you are looking for ,

              See if you get it ,

              Regards,

              Carvel

              wrote:

              > Steve
              > You can make you a end bracket. Make from steel with a oil lite
              > bushing in it and a grease fitting in the center.
              > You will never have a problem with it again.
              >  GP

              The Atlas-Craftsman Wiki is at
              http://pico-systems.com/cgi-bin/Atlas-wiki/Atlas.cgi
              Please submit things you think will be useful to Jon Elson at
              mailto://elson@...! Groups Links