Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Atlas TV-36 gear box troubles.

  • gene isley
    Message 1 of 52 , Nov 30, 2012
      machinistweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993

      Hi group

      I was looking at the posting reguarding problems with a quick change gear box on a atlas lathe. I have a trashed gear box I am going to get into this spring. I was looking of the net for information and I found this site that went through the process of rebuilding a Atlas gear box with some good pictures. The site is at the top of this page. Take a look at it. It may be helpfull.

      Gene

      Thanks to the group for the information in your postings. I may be asking for help when I start on my rebuild.

      Message 52 of 52 , Dec 6, 2012
        Message 75781 and many others state the motor pulley size (search messages
        for "motor pulley" with the quotes included), and I expect you can find
        the countershaft pulley sizes with a similar search of the message files.
        Try a search for "countershaft pullley" or perhaps "counterhaft pulley"
        diameter and you might be successful.

        Rex