Re: [atlas_craftsman] Need to sell my lathe and all its goodies. Beware: ugly color!

  • Eggleston Lance
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2012
      Since no one has offered an opinion, I'll start:

      Milling attachment about $200 on ebay as separate item
      steady rest about $150 separate item on ebay
      collet set and draw bar about $125 ebay
      micrometer stop about $75 ebay

      If you don't want to bother with eBay, offer the accesories
      here for about 70% eBay prices or to the lathe buyer.

      lathe with three chucks, dog plate and bits about $700, 'cause it's clean.

      lance
      ++++

      On Oct 3, 2012, at 6:49 PM, bickellchris wrote:

      > The lathe and all accessories are currently in the Metro Detroit area and are available for inspection under power if desired.
      >
      > Thank you all for your time,
      > Chris Bickell

    • ihc1965
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2012
        Nice assortment of tooling you have with that lathe. But what caught my eye was the nifty little woodworking bench that the lathe is mounted on. I would certainly keep that, or sell it separately. I imagine it would easily bring a couple hundred on its own.
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2012
          Hi Chris-
          I don't have pricing information ('cause I'm no expert!) but I have a couple of Metro Detroit No Cost ideas for selling your nice equipment:

          For the northern suburbs there is a local series of newspapers called the "Mirror". I think they are in Clawson or Royal Oak. The classifieds, last time I used them, were free. I have had some very good luck selling tools with them.

          And, if you don't mind the "I'll be right there" no shows & the "Will you take ten dollars?" calls, I have had amazingly good results selling tools on craigslist<dot>org.

          With some small auto supplier shops starting to pick up business, they look at craigslist to get a piece of equipment fast.

          One caution with criagslist is to not put your phone number or e-mail address. Instead, encrypt it by spelling some of the numbers. An autobot will grab it & you'll get pounded with calls about the Caribbean cruise you just won.

          If I had the floor space, I'd be knocking on your door with a fist full of cash right now.
          Best of Luck & Enjoy Today! (It's free, too)
          Paul