Re: [atlas_craftsman] Tailstock on a carriage?

  • Bob May
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
      The 1/2" boring bar holder on the QC tool post is what you want to use.
      Make sure that the height is correct and the drill is square - clamp the
      drill in the chuck and adjust the toolpost to fit.
      Bob May
      My new web space address is http://webu.wigloo.com/bobmay/ or
      http://nav.to/bobmay
      and my new email address is bobmay@...
      Bob May
    • hutchins Hutchins
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 22, 2001
        --- In atlas_craftsman@egroups.com, brewerpaul@a... wrote:
        > Oddball idea here-- I need to do quite a bit of drilling of approx
        > 1/2"holes in pieces of wood, 6" long ( making wooden Irish
        whistles).
        > Been using a drill bit in the tailstock of my 6" Atlas, work in the
        > chuck, and pushing the tailstock in by hand. Is there any way to
        > mount some sort of drill chuck on the carriage, so I can feed the
        > drill bit in with the carriage crank?

        Why don't you move the tailstock in front of the cross-slide and
        use the threading lever to move the drill into the material?
        Kevin.