Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Update on tailstock lock

  • James Irwin
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 6, 2011
      This looks like a reasonable approach to me, at $13 =/-, but with a caveat.
      http://www.mcmaster.com/#clamping-levers/=d26p1q

      Caveat is the looseness of the threaded screw allows some rocking, leading
      to ³lock-up² or sticking, esp when trying to move too quickly. Smoothing the
      top surface (that bears on the underside of the ways) and using way oil
      might reduce this issue some.

      One might look into setting this up as a toggle arrangement, where the
      wrench turns the toggle bolt against rh threads on bottom and lh threads on
      top to double the advance per turn.

      Jim I

    • JACK SIMS
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 1 7:25 AM
        Ben
        That is something that we have to learn to live with, mine is the same
        way, that is just the way they were made.
        Jack Sims
        Carrollton, Texas