Re: QCTP ?

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2011
      I mounted my QCTP in my lathe and turned a ridge around the base. Basically the same thing as using a washer, which I hadn't thought of at the time. There were some interrupted cuts but it worked out fine.

      Kevin
    • Richard Marchi
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 1, 2011
        Rick:

        No, I don't do any machining on the boat, although I have fantasized about converting an old barge to a floating shop. I bet you could make a fair living doing repairs for boaters. My shop is at a weekend place in Old Fields, WV.

        Dick

        Richard Marchi
        600 Water Street, SW
        NBU8-2
        Gangplank Marina Slip H-22
        Washington, DC 20024
        202-255-5524

      • James Walther
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 1, 2011
          Richard,

          OK. Now you've got me interested... Am I right that Old Fields is in the Eastern
          Panhandle or is yet another small town elsewhere I haven't heard of in my 23
          years in W, bG, V? I'm in the teeming metropolis of Pinch, 10 miles up the
          mighty Elk River from the infamous State Capitol.

          And yes, you could probably make a living with a floating machine shop anywhere
          there's significant commercial river traffic!

          Regards, Jim