Head stock alinement

  • hpethoud
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 25, 2011
      Is it possable to push the head stock out of alinement with the old style knurling tools. I think I have excessive alinement problems. How can I check this and if it is out How is it repaired.

      Harry
    • Richard Hughson
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 3, 2011
        Thanks Paul, they look just fine. I've already ordered from Jan at Tallgrass Tools, though.

        Rick

        --- On Thu, 3/3/11, PaulV <paulsv@...> wrote:

        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hughson <loopyrich@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Mike, making one would be a lot of fun and well within my reach, but at the moment I have several other projects going on - and a brand new granddaughter to attend to. Time has become a priority and there are many other things I can be doing while it's arriving in the mail. I'll give Jan a call.

        > Rick

        Rick-

        Here's another source:

        http://www.bealltool.com/products/turning/colletchuck.php

        $83 for the chuck, and $8 bucks for the wrenches. He also sells a kit with wrenches and collets for $160+, but you can get the colets a lot cheaper elsewhere.

        Paul