Re: crossfeed nut

  • fik123
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 1, 2011
      "I've never found affordable carbide inserts for threading. "

      I USE ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY THE nICKOLE MINI SYSTEM,
      i USE THE 3/8" TOOL HOLDER, IT FITS IN THE PAZEII KNOCKOFF AND I ALSO GOUND DOWN ONE FOR MY KDK OO SIZE TOOL HOLDER.

      I CAN USE THE HEAVY INSERT FOR TURNING ANYTHING FROM STAILESS TO PLASTIC AND THE SMALL RADIUS INSERT FOR P[ROFILING, CHNAGE OUT TO A PART OFF INSERT FOR SMALL WORK AND USE THE THREADING INSERT FOR THREADING.
      BY USING A TRIED AND TRUE THREADING METHOD FROM THE ARTICLER BY RUDY KOUPHOUPT HOME SHOP MACHINIST ISSUE VOLUME 12,NUMBER 1 JANUARY/FEBRUARY 1993 THREADIN IS TOTALLY DEMSITFIED. PERFECT EVERYTIME.
      Sorry about the caps just caught it and not erasing al this now.

      A few years ago I bought the last sets of the KDK double 00 size tooling from rutlands, I have sold off all but this last set which has never been used. It has three tool holders and the post. I no longer need it as my Levin lathe does not take it, and I have a another system for the atlas 6" so it is for sale if anyone wants it for $250.00 I paid for them.

      I have still not had any luck getting my reverse switch wired in, even using the diagrams on here, two motors later I can't figure it out, so if anyone has a reverse switch for a crafstman /atlas lathe they would like to sell I need one.
      Thanks JOhn