Re: [atlas_craftsman] help its not a lathe

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2010
      metal2 wrote:
      > I have a bandsaw brazer what its called
      > I am looking for any information please.
      > information I got off it
      > the electro band saw brazer made by nelson & jacobson inc.
      > I cant find nothing on it ty .

      Are you sure it is a "brazer"? Typically, these are called welders, and
      weld the blade with no filler or brazing material added. I have an
      ancient German bandsaw blade
      welder that had been refitted to do something else, and then converted
      back to a blade welder with home-made parts. Certainly no manual
      on it. But, I got it to work fairly quickly, and it does an almost perfect
      job. The Do-All welder at work does do a better job, and I think most
      of the problem with mine is the homemade clamps for the blade don't
      line up perfectly, and the blade ends jump over each other instead of
      staying perfectly aligned with each other. Someday I will take another
      crack at adjusting them a little more.

      Jon
    • metal2
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2010
        yes its a brazer has 2 carbon on it when you push them together it like restince welding
        i think mcmaster carr used to sell it like 15 years ago but i lost all my paper work to it. iI need to order some carbon for it but do know where.thanks Paul