RE: [atlas_craftsman] Atlas TV 42

  • carvel webb
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
      Jeff,

      I don't recall seeing a manual for the TV-42 as such . I think there is a
      parts list for the 10F series .

      What you need is the Manual of Lathe Operations from Clausing ( about $25) ,
      which is fairly generic in nature for various Atals lathes but very helpful.

      For reference the "T" means Timken bearing headstock, the "V" is the
      vertical countershaft, and the "42" is the bed length ( not the distance
      between centres) .

      For a general overview of your lathe , browse through
      http://www.lathes.co.uk/atlas/

      Hope that helps ,

      Carvel