Re: [atlas_craftsman] half nut

  • jerdal@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2010
      You have just described the half nuts on the Craftsman "109" lathe, made by
      "AA products" back in the 1940's (and later).

      I had a Craftsman badged 109.20630, and that is precisely how they worked.
      Ther was a space of 3 or 4 inches between the two halves, and the lever
      rotated them into and out of mesh with the screw.